Are you for hire/can you illustrate something for me?
- Yes I can! Just send me a message or email me about what you are looking to do and I’ll see if I can take on your project. If not, I’ll recommend you to another illustrator that I know that would be great for your project!
Are you taking commissions?
- Yes I am! Just email me with your idea and I’ll see if it is something that I can do!
Do you sell original or small edition work?
- Yes I do! If you would like to buy an original, a signed print, or a product of my work that you cant buy off my store; contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org. I will be more than willing to make something work out!
What can you make/do?
- Well, a lot. But I mostly stick to illustrations, comics, type/layout design, and Logos with a more vintage hand drawn feel. When I get more space, I’ll pick up painting again and do more small scale sculptures.
What is your dream job?
- When I was a kid I wanted to be a mad scientist. But due to a lack of funds, a secret lab and me not wanting to get a PhD in a science field; being an Illustrator was the next best option in my opinion.
What’s your favorite thing to draw with?
- Well for drawings,
- I usually use a mechanical 5mm pencil with either HB, blue, or red lead. Otherwise I use blue, HB, or F pencils.
- Staedtler Mars eraser or Pentel’s hi-polymer erasers .
- A middle spectrum grey and red marker, Copic or Prismacolor
- Brush pens, the Pentel Pocket Brush is a good one to start with.
- For inking,
- It all depends on what I am working on and I want the piece to feel like. I use Speedball super black ink, with either a Utrecht sumi brush, and nibs. I have a Pentel brush pen that I use often especially when I’m on the go and microns ‘cuz I’m basic. For whiting out mistakes I use Deleter White #2 and Uni Posca the fine one (0.7mm)
- Hand lettering
- I like to use a Rotring artpen EF for comic lettering if I do it by hand.
Who are Seth’s Inspirations?
- Many, but specifically
- Arthur Rackham
- Maurice Noble
- E. H. Shepard
- Osamu Tezuka
- Stan and Jan Berenstain
- Ralph Steadman
- Mike Mignola
- Richard Scarry
- Maurice Sendak
- Beatrix Potter
- Dr. Seuss
- Edward Gorey
- Charles M. Schulz
- Jake Wyatt
- Star Wars- All even the 2004 clone wars series (so telly shows too)
- Toy Story Trilogy
- Studio Ghibli Films
- And many more